Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It is the custom and order of society to take a light breakfast, but this is not the best way to treat the stomach. At breakfast time the stomach is in a better condition to take care of more food in than at second or third meal of the day.
The habit of eating a light breakfast, a sparing breakfast and a large dinner is wrong. Make your breakfast correspond more nearly to the healthiest meal of the day.
That was just something about the importance of breakfast that I just wanted to share with you.
I’m sure you are going to like this breakfast recipe. It is easy to make and it is fast and simple yet very much delicious and nutritious because of the ingredients it contains and also with more veggies in it.
Let me tell you about the ingredients which this vegan omelet contains. The main ingredient in this recipe is chickpea flour. It has a slight savory taste and when you season it up just right, it can taste pretty eggy. It also got the pale-yellow color going for it and the fact that it cooks up spongier than wheat-based flour.
Nutritional Yeast gives the omelet a cheesy flavor.
Turmeric gives the omelet a nice yellow eggy color, and black salt contains sulfur and will add some serious eggy flavor and smell to your vegan omelet.
What I like about this recipe and what you are going to like also is the veggies that you will put inside for filling. For me it just an easy way to make sure that you are eating more veggies as much.
½ cup chickpea flour
1/2 of water or homemade vegetable broth
2 table spoons nutritional yeast(optional)
½ tsp of turmeric
¼ black salt
1 tsp of Garlic Paste or powder
2 table spoons oil
FOR THE VEGGIE FILLING
1 table Spoons soy cooking oil
1 Medium red onion, sliced
1 half cup green and black olives
1 medium red and yellow bell pepper, sliced
Chopped celery at desired amount
½ tsp cumin powder, 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes. 1 cup sliced mushrooms
Salt to taste
Seasoning of your choice (garlic, coriander, thyme, oregano etc.)
Combine chickpea flour with nutritional yeast, turmeric, and black salt in a small bowl. Add water and whisk until the batter is smooth, then add garlic powder and whist again until blended.
- In a frying pan on medium heat coat with oil and pour half of the batter. Cook the omelet until bubbles appear in the center, about 4 minutes. Carefully flip and cook it for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer the omelet to plate. Recoat again the pan with oil if needed and repeat with the remaining batter.
Make the Veggie Filling
- Recoat the pan with oil and raise the heat to medium-heat. Add all of the veggies and stir-fry to desired tenderness, about 4-6 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and season the veggies with salt and cumin.
Assemble the Veggie Stuffed Omelets
- Stuff each omelet with cashew cream cheese and veggies. Fold over and top with toppings of choice.